The highest point between Charleston and Savannah, Ridgeland was originally founded as a railroad stop and is the original, historic gateway to the South Carolina lowcountry. Ridgeland is an authentic lowcountry community rich with history and known for its rural beauty and small-town charm.*
Ridgeland is a located in Jasper County, and is included within the Hilton Head Island-Bluffton-Beaufort, SC Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The area has received numerous awards, here are just a few:
- Forbes Magazine named Bluffton one of the “Best Places to Retire in 2016”
- Huffington Post/Travel Section featured Bluffton in an article, “Visiting Sweet South Carolina.”
- “Only in Your State,” named Bluffton #1 in its list of “10 Up & Coming Cities in South Carolina Ready to Explode”
- Top retirements.com website named Bluffton the 4th “Friendliest Places to Retire” in its Top 10 List.
- Money Magazine named Bluffton one of the Top 20 Places to Retire in 2015, also naming Bluffton “Top Waterfront Retirement Destination” within the Top 20 list.